Sunday, May 3, 2009

Some New Links

I have found two more interesting links for those of us interested in the Ancient Near East. The first I want to share is the website of Dr. Zahi Hawass, who is the head of the Egyptian Antiquities Service. The site has article written by Dr. Hawass, photographs and press releases relating to new discoveries in Egypt. One especially interesting item on the site is a film taken inside the Step Pyramid of Djoser. An Egyptian team of workers has cleared the burial chamber and found a tunnel under the royal sarcophagus.

Another site I found has a post describing the Temple of Dedera. There are numerous photos of the temple on the site, including a photo of the famous portrait of Cleopatra and her son by Julius Caesar.

Incidently, I try very hard to find interesting links to sites dealing with Mesopotamia, but I have located very few. A search for sites devoted to Ancient Egypt turns up hundreds of hits. I recognize that there is more interest in Ancient Egypt in general, but the disparity in interest is striking.

No comments:

Post a Comment